Saturday, October 18, 2014

Critical Reflection #2


As the LRT situation within Waterloo Region has progressed, more information has been available about the new LRT system. This includes running times, as well as the proposed routes. With an improved running time of 8 munities, from the current 15 munity running time for the iExpress line, it seems that the LRT will be more frequent and more convenient. I am an Urban Planning student at Waterloo University, so I may be biased in my opinion for the LRT project, but I think it is an amazing idea. Lately I have been taking the bus home from UW at around 5:30, and the busses are packed full of people. I think it is the worst time to take the bus, and it will only get worse with winter slowly coming. The new LRT system will have an increased capacity, from currently 54 passengers per bus to over 200 per LRT train.  This means more room for passengers, as well as a more comfortable ride for the passengers. With more room on the LRT, it may even attract new riders. The new opportunities that are available because of the creation of the LRT include more building intensification along the transit routes, the likely hood of a more walkable Waterloo Region. These are some of the opportunities that the LRT will bring to the Waterloo Region, and I cant wait for it to happen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment